Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme was top ten things books have made me want to do or learn about after reading them, but I tweaked it slightly to include things I actually learned or did rather than things about which I got curious or still want to do.
1. I want to learn to be be more socially & racially aware of my privilege because of Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
2. I want to learn to be braver and more proactive (and have less regrets) because of When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi.
3. I’m learning to say the ‘f’ word with pride because of We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
4. I’m learning to be more forgiving of myself because of Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay.
5. I learned that there are just some things about which I can’t read because of Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
6. I learned that I can’t relate to teenagers anymore because of Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley.
7. I want to study abroad because of The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan.
8. I want to live in NYC because of Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty.
9. I wanted to Google because of A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal by Ben Macintyre.
10. I wanted to tumble down the romance rabbit hole because of Lip Lock by Susanna Carr.